Roof It Right with the Right Products
We believe in the products that we use, and we think you will, too.
Over the years we have used a variety of roofing products and we are certified with all the major roofing manufacturers which means we can provide a better warranty, no matter what brand product you choose. We use quality products from Tamko, Certainteed, IKO, Durolast, GenFlex, and Owens Corning.
While there are many roofing product manufacturers that make a great product, the product lines we use the most often are the four lines below designed by Owens Corning Roofing. Pick out your new 3-dimensional shingle* today! Then use the design tool to visualize the look on YOUR house.
*We automatically upgrade all roof replacements to modern 3-dimensional shingles, also known as laminated or architectural shingles. Move on over, traditional flat-appearing three-tab shingles (available by special request)!
After Your Selection, Please Send It Our Way!
Would you like to see what the products we use look like on your home?
Upload a picture or use a similar photo in our design tool below:
Why We Recommend
Owens Corning Roofing Shingles
While many roofing product manufacturers make a great product, the product line that we most often use is TruDefinition Duration by Owens Corning. Here’s why:
- Sure Nail Technology – A wide, highly visible engineered fabric strip in the nailing zone enhances the sealant. It creates a stronger shingle, consistent installation, and wind resistance of up to 130 mph with only four nails. Available in Duration, Duration Designer, and Duration Flex.
- StreakGuard™ Algae Protection – Owens Corning blends copper-lined granules into their colorful granules, which help resist algae growth.
- Proper Components – At Roof It Right, we know that a good roof is more than shingles. Creating an entire roofing system from shingles to underlayment to ventilation products all from the same trusted supplier makes for optimal results!
- Good Warranties – Owens Corning offers select warranties on their products that include labor costs to repair or replace defective materials for up to 50 years when installed by a preferred contractor!
- Great Customer Service – At Roof It Right, we know the importance of full customer service. Having great customer service from John Sabback, the customer service representative for Owens Corning in Kentucky, helps us give you great customer service, too.
Any roofer, roofing supplier, or other manufacturer’s representative in Louisville, KY, will admit that Owens Corning is our state’s dominant brand. We believe that we owe that to John. Of course, if Owens Corning wasn’t a leading manufacturer, John himself couldn’t do much. Still, because they make very high-quality products and stand behind them, John was able to establish this brand as the most dominant in Kentucky.
The recent supply chain crisis made it more challenging to get all the necessary components for a complete roofing system all from one brand, but not with Owens Corning in Louisville, KY. You can still get an entire Owens Corning system in any color from most local suppliers in Louisville. And that’s important because only a full roofing system with all its parts from the same manufacturer qualifies for an extended warranty. Otherwise, the value of a roof drops drastically after the 10th year.
Roof It Right is a preferred contractor for Owens Corning. Owens Corning Roofing Preferred Contractors are part of an exclusive network of roofing professionals who meet high standards and strict requirements for professionalism and reliability.
How We Met the Pink Panther
We have more than enough stories to support our faith in the brand with the famous Pink Panther mascot, but here is one story that our owner and founder related that explains how he first discovered its superiority.
Sergei relates, “I dealt with [another common brand] in Oklahoma. The sealant was not that strong. Especially if installed in the winter, moisture, debris, and dirt would make it unsealable. And in Oklahoma, the winds are higher. Then I learned that [the brand I was using] had some issues with sealant.
“Then we happened to install one home with Owens Corning brand shingles. The north side of the home had poor light, but on the areas with good light, the warmer temperatures melted the sealant quickly, and the shingles were straight and sealed.
Once in Kentucky, I was explaining to a [seasoned shingle installer that was working with me] that the weather needed to warm up for the sealant to hold. So he said, “Why don’t you just use Owens Corning?”
He was right. Owens Corning has the superior seal. From then on, I started using them more and more. Once, on one roof, the wind blew off shingles from a certain corridor three times until summer came. Then it stuck. If it had been another brand besides Owens Corning with SureNail Technology, who knows how many more times the wind would blow those shingles off?”